Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring Project Round-Up

Spring is right around the corner and I know many of us are ready to freshen up the house, plant some flowers, and feel the sunshine again.  Although the booth and recent furniture projects have been keeping me busy, I'm also turning my attention to projects around the house that need a touch of Spring.  I finished painting my formerly dark powder room with a new clean, light color and am in the process of finishing this room up and will share soon!  There's also a few bouquets of fresh flowers waiting for me to arrange for an Easter brunch tablescape that I'm working on along with a new spring mantel.  While I work on these, I thought I'd share some Spring inspiration from the past...

Over the years, my daughter has brought me nest after nest that she finds out in the woods and last year, the mantel was decked out with them for my Spring Mantel.  Butterfly graphics from The Graphics Fairy printed on vellum and framed sheet moss rounded out the Spring look.
I may have painted this Flower Ad Dresser last November, but it still reminds me of spring with it's bright, cheery color...
This recently-painted Duck Egg Butterfly Dresser can easily add a punch of Spring to your home as well.  All it takes is a thrift store dresser, some paint...and patience...

Looking for inspiration for your front door this Spring?  Starting with a basic grapevine wreath, I simply added my favorite florals, hand-stamped ribbon, and a little nest to top off my front door wreath last year...
This door is getting a new coat of paint this next week if the weather cooperates.  I'm not sure why it has taken me a year and half to paint it?!
Spring or Summer, you can celebrate the beautiful weather by setting a simple table outside...
Hang some paper poms and bottles with flowers from tree branches and enjoy the ambiance of eating outdoors.
Since Spring can never come too early for me, I made these simple bird pendants in January and shared a tutorial on how you can make them too...

Hope I've given you a little inspiration for your home... Have you started decorating for Spring yet?  

Kristen



7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This was a lovely look back at your past Spring projects, Kristen! Love the dressers. I have put out the few specific Spring things I have. I'm looking forward to some nicer days!

Desiree Guy @ Camelot Art Creations said...

So Amazing!! I love, love the mantel set up!! The forest lunch set is great too...it's all great! I try not to copy too much but I just might have to on the mantel one:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

All your project are amazing!! I LOVE that last shot of your mantel!!

Unknown said...

Love your blog! Such an inspiration! I am doing a blog myself, am very new at it and would love t if you checked it out and gave me some feedback.

http://charshappyplace.blogspot.com/

Thanks a ton,

Char

srpprcrftr said...

As a bird lover, and birds nests I'm envious of your collection. Love how you arranged yours on your mantel, they're very sculptural aren't they?
I have one "real" birds nest that fell out of one of our pine trees in KY. I sure miss that line of pine trees separating our lot from neighbors.
Anyway, the birds loved to build their nests in those pine trees.
I have a few purchased birds nests also that are scattered or put in an arrangement. They've migrated to shelves in l/r or on my shutter shelf which subs for my mantel. Got a great black metal bird cage at HL 1/2 off this week. Not one I really wanted but it's pretty good otherwise. Happy weekend.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Your spring touches are just phenomenal...I love the framed sheet moss...ant the butterfly print looks great on your mantel....and I am sure that the new owners of the furniture are thrilled to see it in all their glory on this post!...Have a great weekend Kristen!!

Unknown said...

Love your blog. I especially loved your Christmas staircase! I am also creating a new blog and have added you to my favorites. If you have a chance, can you please take a look and let me know what you think?
Thanks,
Carolyn
frenchcountryathollycottage.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...